C#,vb.net,MVC,Jquery,javascript,jscript,vbscript,html,vb,sharepoint,COM,WPF,WCF,Wwf,Asp,Asp.net,questions & answers,

Latest in Sports

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Error while running LightSwitch application

I am facing the below error while running my local Lightswitch application. I am using VS2010, SQL server 2008 R2, Windows 7 on my machine.
 
 
 
all dot net helps

I've verified the SQL version with my other team mates, they all have SQL server 2008 R2 running in their systems. The versions also match but I do not see User Instance option SQL server, rest all have it.
 
I’ve read in some post that User Instance is only enabled if you have a SQL express version on your system but none of my teammates have it and code is working fine on their local machine.
 
I've read some other post about installing SQL express version but in that case, I’ll need to provide another instance name to SQL. Even after that it's giving the same error. Installing SQL express over SQL 2008 R2 does not make any difference.
 
I've also tried removing the "UserInstance" flag in connectionstring but then it gives another error = "Access denied to .mdf file", though I've provided all the rights to the user.
 
I've also tried reinstalling SQL server 2008 R2 but even then I don't see "User instance" in SQL server to enable it.
 
Please let me know what else can I try to resolve this issue.


SOLUTION :

You have to provide Instance name while installing SQL Server 2008 R2.
Please check that SQL Server was un-installed properly or not.
When you un-install SQL Server then please remove all local folders of SQL Server in system and restart your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment